The My Reporting APP STANDARD TERMITE DETECTION REPORT has been updated to reflect the changes to the Australian Standard 3660.2:2017. This update currently only applies to iOS.
- Inclusion of inspection time
- Updated reference: This Report references the current versions of the Australian Standard series AS 3660 Termite Management including AS 3660.1, AS 3660.2 and AS 3660.3.
- Updated definition: The definition ‘Tests’ also includes the carrying out of Additional Tests, if recommended by the consultant.
- Inclusion of definition : “Additional Tests” Where areas of high moisture are detected during inspection that cannot be readily explained, or where termite activity is suspected but cannot be readily located, a further inspection of those areas was carried out using one or more of the following non-destructive specialist detection tools:
- termite radar unit – an instrument that uses microwave emission to help pick up the concealed movement of termites;
- thermal imaging camera – an instrument to aid in the detection of concealed termite activity by measuring differentials in the heat energy of an object; and
- termite detector animal – an animal such as a sniffer dog trained to use its sense of smell to detect the odour of termites.
- Inclusion of: Note. A Termite Management Plan may also be prepared in conjunction with a Proposal.
- Inclusion of: Additional Tests
- Additional tests were carried out using a termite radar unit.
- Additional tests were carried out using a thermal imaging camera.
- Additional tests were carried out using a termite detector animal.
- Other (option to enter free text).
Conditions apply for each policy and the information expected from you for a policy to trigger. Coverage may differ based on specific clauses in individual policies. Please ask your broker to explain the additional benefits and exclusions pertaining to your policy.
The information provided is general advice only and does not take account of your personal circumstances or needs. Please refer to our financial services guide which contains details of our services and how we are remunerated.